This is our way of keeping in touch with the important people in our life that live far away! And it's our way of celebrating the little things in life that make us smile. Hope you enjoy. Leave us a comment. We'd love to hear from you!



Monday, April 12, 2010

Lucas' Baby Blessing

We decided to bless Lucas on April 11, 2010. We wanted to have Matt's dad there, so we waited for tax season to wrap up and he could come out. Matt and I gathered our AZ family and friends that could attend and had a great day. Gran and Gramps Smith, Papa and Nana Jensen, Chad and Mary Smith (+ boys), Shannon Speirs, Leslie Corriero, Erin and Aric Griggs (+ boys), and Phil and Summer Wyatt (+ posse) joined us, with the men all included in the circle. It was a special moment for Matt and I. He gave a wonderful blessing. Lucas did great, he just sat quietly in those men's arms and looked around during the whole thing.

After Sacrament Meeting we stepped outside for a few pictures. And then we went home for some lunch with everyone. I got this 3-generation pictures of the Jensen Men. I'm so glad we were able to have a son and keep the Jensen name alive. Look at that proud Grandpa and Dad! I love it.

Unfortunately, that picture was the only one I was able to get. After we got home, Lucas has a major wardrobe malfunction (by way of a diaper incident). And I nearly hyperventilated when it got on me. So, after fixing that little problem, the luncheon was in full swing and I was too busy taking care of my little boy and mingling to think of taking out my camera.

But we had a great time, and I'm so grateful to have such special people share that day with our family. Thank you to all that came! We couldn't have picked better people to share this sacred day with us. And a special thanks to Lynnae for helping organize, Mom for the drinks, and Leslie for preparing/setting up. It was a blast.


Here's a close up of Lucas's blessing outfit. We opted for a suit instead of the traditional all-white blessing attire. He looked so adorable! Our little stock broker.....love him.

0 comments: