This is our way of keeping in touch with the important people in our life that live far away! And it's our way of celebrating the little things in life that make us smile. Hope you enjoy. Leave us a comment. We'd love to hear from you!



Sunday, March 20, 2011

Another Birthday

"In His Constant Care"
by Simon Dewey
Another Birthday for my Sweet Avery. This birthday is different for me, having experienced so many firsts with Lucas. First night home, sleeping through the night, baby food, crawling, walking...so many firsts that I thought I would have had with my baby girl. Each time Luke would reach another milestone, I would relish in the moment. But I'd also feel the tugging at my hearstrings.

I find myself savoring each tiny moment I have with Lucas, knowing exactly how precious they are. What a tender gift each day is. Having tasted the bitterness of losing a child makes the small and unexpected joys that much sweeter.

There are still times when my heart aches and my arms reach for Avery. When I want to gather my family around me and I sense someone missing. And all it seems I have are memories. But I have hope. A promise of the future. I believe with every fiber of being that I will see Avery Christine again. And I am so grateful for the Temple and the promise of Eternity.

Avery, I still sing your song to Luke. I tell him about you, and why that songs so special. Sometimes I hear him laughing in his room and I think you must be telling him secrets and sharing funny stories. How close I can feel you near us when I snuggle him in the rocking chair. And I know you look after you little brother.

We love you Avery! And I can't wait until our family will be reunited someday. What a celebration that will be! Happy 5th Birthday Sweetheart.

0 comments: