This is our way of keeping in touch with the important people in our life that live far away! And it's our way of celebrating the little things in life that make us smile. Hope you enjoy. Leave us a comment. We'd love to hear from you!



Thursday, March 18, 2010

Happy Birthday Avery

It seems like just yesterday that Avery slipped in and out of our lives so quickly. And every birthday is a bittersweet day for our family. We were so excited for our first child. Everything was new and exciting. Our hearts broke that sad day in March, 4 years ago. But the tender mercies of our Heavenly Father are great. He has helped heal our broken hearts with the knowledge that families can be together forever.




This birthday is especially poignant for me. I finally have a baby to fill my empty arms, but not to fill Avery's special place in my heart. There are times that Lucas looks so much like his big sister. And I cry a little and smile to think what antics they must have gotten into before Lucas came to earth and joined our family.

At her graveside service we played primary songs. I remember one of the sweet helpers from the mortuary getting choked up when "Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam" was playing. He turned to me, smiled and said, "She really is His Sunbeam." And that's how I remember my special baby, she's my sunbeam. My baby on layaway, a promise of eternity.

I love you Avery! Daddy and I think of you everyday. I sing your Sunbeam song to your little brother. And you're forever in our hearts....

Happy Birthday

0 comments: