This is our way of keeping in touch with the important people in our life that live far away! And it's our way of celebrating the little things in life that make us smile. Hope you enjoy. Leave us a comment. We'd love to hear from you!



Friday, March 5, 2010

When Mom's Away...


I really do love my dogs. Matt and I consider them our 3 "other" kids. I really do love them....at least that's what I've been telling myself over and over this morning.

Last night was a night of little sleep. And morning came at 4:30am. Lucas just wasn't interested in going back to sleep again till 7:30am. Now, that's normally not a problem, except I had to take Matt to work. I crawled back into bed, and after what felt like 2 seconds it was time to jump out of bed and put Lucas in the car to go. I zombied through the motions and we left.

Normal routine would dictate that I close the baby's room and do a quick walk around before leaving, making sure that there's no contraband left out for curious mouths. Normal Routine. Did I mention that I had about 3 hours sleep last night? Well, a few things were left undone.

Matt was so sweet though. He took us to Dunkin Donuts and got me breakfast. Yum, hot chocolate! And by the time I got home I didn't feel so bad. The dogs were excited to see me. Hmmm.... a little to excited. No, now that my finally awake eyes noticed, it's not excitement. It's nervousness. The hand-caught-in-the-cookie-jar look. I came home a little too early for them. Uh-Oh.


*SIGH*



I couldn't even get all the damage in this one picture. And it was too depressing thinking of all the pictures I would have to take. All naughty and extremely guilty-looking dogs (with the exception of Bruno - he has no shame) were banished outside. Tim, who has little self-control had to take one last nibble of diaper while I cussed him out till next Thursday. So here's the damage:

All stuffed animals were pulled out of bed, slobbered up, and strewn in our bedroom, TV room, and computer room. Blanket pulled off dresser and the mustard spilled on it was sampled. Glider ottoman knocked over. Garbage bag of clothes to be donated was torn open and contents emptied and thoroughly sniffed. And worst of all....diaper genie pulled out of closet, miracuously opened, sausage of dirty diapers taken out, opened, diapers demolished completely. Nasty little diaper crystals EVERYWHERE!! Thank heaven for little miracles...I just emptied it yesterday...no poopy diapers in there. That would've been more than I could bear.


Let me stop here and take a deep breath. "I love my dogs"....



I have to admit the diaper genie was just a matter of time. They love it with the passion of a 1,000 lovers. That's why I had to put it in the closet. Just bad luck I left the closet open just a crack. And the whole this is covered with nasty slobber top to bottom. I'm going to have to wipe it down. Ugh.

But since then, Minnie has come prancing out of the room with the stuffed animals about 4 times. I've chastized her about 10 times - not every attempt was successful. I caught her a few times.

I'm sure I'll laugh about it in a few days. But right now I'll settle for chanting my mantra for the day.....I love my dogs. Now they're all sleeping very repentantly and who knows what the rest of the day will hold.

0 comments: