This is our way of keeping in touch with the important people in our life that live far away! And it's our way of celebrating the little things in life that make us smile. Hope you enjoy. Leave us a comment. We'd love to hear from you!



Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Bath Time

Haven't posted in a few days so I thought I'd add a few pictures of bath time. It's quite a task around this house because Lucas has a love/hate relationship with his baths. I'm hoping the "love" part will win out when he gets a little older and has more fun. We'll call this post "The several stages of bath time".

Stage 1: Undressing in room. I didn't get a picture of this since it takes 2 hands to keep this wiggle worm from dancing right off the changing table.



Stage 2: Introduction to water. He's never quite sure what to think when we put him in.
Stage 3: Realization. Now it's hitting him what's coming. Takes a little reassurance from mom that everything will be "okay." Ya think he believes me?
Stage 4: Enjoyment/Letting loose. Once the soapy rub down starts - he really enjoys things. He'll talk to me and even let out a few toots. He is a boy after all...
.Ahhhh.....we love this part of bath time!!

Stage 5: Washing hair. Don't have any pictures of this phase because this is where he has a melt down. Washing hair is HORRIBLE! But unfortunately for him it's essential.


Stage 6: Aftermath. Here he is trying to come down from his hysterics. And we try to dry him off, lotion, then dress. Today was extra special because Lucas was screaming, and then the dogs starting barking at a "boogey man" doing landscaping next door. I didn't think I've ever heard such a raquet. It was slightly frazzling. Afterwards I bundle him up for some well deserved cuddle time.
I am actually typing this blog with a sweet, clean, and sleeping snuggle bug in my arms. Life is all about multi-tasking these days.

0 comments: