This is our way of keeping in touch with the important people in our life that live far away! And it's our way of celebrating the little things in life that make us smile. Hope you enjoy. Leave us a comment. We'd love to hear from you!



Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Pregnancy & Lucas' Big Debut






This pregnancy had been pretty hectic for me. First off, I was working around 60hrs. a week during the first trimester and I was exhausted. Luckily, there was a restructure at work and I went to working 40 - 48hrs. a week for the rest of the pregnancy. Thank goodness! My doctor classified me as high risk considering my history and during the last 2 months I had to go in for Ultrasounds and Non-Stress Testing every week. We also opted to be induced at 38 weeks.










January 16th we were scheduled to go into the hospital at 2am to get the ball rolling. But unfortunately something was in the water and our hospital was inundated with women going into labor and they pushed our "reservation" back. We waited around all day. I was getting extremely cranky, so we finally decided to just go out to eat. Well, that's when they decided to give us a call back and we got checked in at 2pm. They told us that we were lucky to get a bed at all, several inductions were cancelled.





I was given Pitocin at 4:30pm and started the laboring process. I opted to go without pain medication and breezed through until I hit about 8 centimeters. At that point it got a little ugly and I won't share what poor Matt had to listen to me say (hehe.) The good thing is that I went from 8 centimeters to baby in my arms in 30 minutes. The doctor had to come flying into the room just to be there in time to earn his paycheck!



Lucas was born at 8:27 pm. He weighed in at 7 lbs 15oz and 20.5 inches. I had to laugh, because the whole pregnancy I would talk to my belly and remind him that I would not deliver a baby over 8 lbs, and he squeaked in right under!

Since then it's been a haze. But I'm loving every minute. I'm learning to live with little sleep, and the occasional shower. And I have to say, I don't mind. I love my son more that I thought would be possible. And I love to see Matt being a Daddy. We've waited a long time for this baby boy to join our family and we couldn't be happier.

0 comments: